Your Ad Here

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Katy Perry - Use Your Love


"I don't wanna lose your love tonight"

Where is my newfound Katy Perry love coming from? I can't figure it out. Beyond the first two singles from her debut (which were horrendously overplayed), I couldn't stand the girl. Then a novelty hit that should have been horrific (California Gurls) turned me around, and her brilliant new single, Teenage Dream, cemented my excitement for the upcoming album. But even when I didn't quite care for her, I've always loved Katy's cover of the 80's Outfield song, Use Your Love. To me, she's at her best when she goes for the retro Cyndi Lauper vibe, so her singing an 80's cut is a perfect match. She beefs up the sound and changes a few lyrics here and there, but the vocal delivery is spot-on. I love hearing her backed by powerpop synths as well, as opposed to a more beat-driven, urban sound. Hopefully the new album will have something like this on it. Regardless, it has the potential to be one of the best pop albums of the year if she pulls everything off. We'll see...

Katy Perry - Use Your Love by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the new album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I'm kind of mirroring your feelings - actually I only really like Hot n Cold, and i've really been hot and cold about the rest of her output (including californial "gurls"). (surely i've used that joke everywhere now and it's not even amusing). But yeah, teenage dreams and use your love are on the quite good pop scale indeed.

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like Katy Perry, then you want to check out Tiffany Kira Johnson!

At only 19 years old, New England native, Tiffany Kira Johnson, is a star on the rise. She is an entertainment powerhouse and uses her talent to better local communities.

Since 2005, Tiffany has been performing annual Holiday Concerts for the children of Lawrence, MA and helping spread holiday cheer.

More recently, Tiffany Kira Johnson released the CD/DVD combination pack for Tiffany Kira Johnson’s Holiday Concert LIVE 2009. The Live DVD and bonus CD can be found at her newly launched website, www.tiffanykirajohnson.com.

Show your support for Tiffany, listen to her music, and join her fan club today!

For more on Tiffany Kira Johnson, visit www.tiffanykirajohnson.com

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home