Your Ad Here

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wolf Gang - The King And All Of His Men


"Why don't you stop fighting me?"

I love it when readers share songs with me. I get dozens of "recommendations" from labels and PR people every day but so few of them are anything I'm even remotely interested in. But you readers know my taste! This is one such track. Wolf Gang is a new band/project (though it's really the brainstorm of one man), recording piano-influenced rock music that's in keeping with some of my all-time favorite groups. There's no album yet (we'll have to wait a few months for that), but there have been three single releases... all of them amazing. My favorite, though, is the first track that was released last year. The King And All Of His Men is one of those rare songs that I knew I'd fall in love with after about ten seconds. Sometimes it happens that quickly. There are shades of the Ark and the Mo in this track, which can only mean that it's pretty damn close to perfection in my eyes. It's an example of a specific type of guitar/piano/synth-based pop that doesn't come around nearly often enough. If you like this, be sure to check out the other singles as well (I swear that I had heard Lions In Cages prior to being introduced to it this week... is it in a commercial or something?).
On another note, though you can't see it in the counter at the bottom of the page (I added that shortly after starting the blog), Alienhits reached its millionth view today. WOW. Never thought that would happen when I started five years ago!

The King And All Of His Men - Wolf Gang by dragonflyenergydrinks

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the singles here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

hurrah for a million views :) If a tenth of those people buy your book you'll be set :)

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home