Your Ad Here

Monday, March 14, 2011

Das Pop - The Game


"I don't know whether we're inside or out"

Belgian pop/rock back Das Pop have been on my radar for awhile now. In fact, I think I even wrote about them years ago. They're the kind of band that, for me, releases a brilliant single or album track every once and awhile but can't hold my interest for an entire album. That being said, their new release, The Game, is easily their most consistent. With the first single (of the same name), they've embraced a more electronic sound. It's reminiscent of the great Norwegian band King Midas (are they still making music?), with amazing production that really heats up about halfway through. It's such a cool indiepop sound. Sometimes I feel like this band's "hipness" gets in the way of writing a good pop song. That's not the case here. There's an amazing ELO-type drama to The Game. It's not the kind of thing you hear much anymore, and I hope they experiment with this type of production again in the future. This is easily their best track to date.

The Game by Das Pop

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

ok this is all sorts of amazing. i'm really taken by it from first play... i'm busy tracking down other stuff. some i apparently have in my collection already!! Do you ever forget you already have music or is that just me?!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home