Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tyson - Ran For Love


"I tried and I tried"

Ooh, I love this! Mix one part italo disco, one part Prince at his 80's best and a hefty amount of Cee-Lo type vocals and you've got Tyson's music. Ran For Love is one of a handful of tracks he's got up on his soundcloud page and was the one that captured me the quickest on first listen. The chorus, with its layers of choir-like vocals, gives me goosebumps. Tyson has come up with a unique mix of so many of my favorite things, yet comes out sounding like nothing else on the radio right now. He's also got a single out (the also amazing Out Of My Mind), and I hope there will be a full album soon. Best of all (and I wanted to save this for the very end of the post in case you hadn't been sold already), Tyson was a member of criminally underrated UK band Unklejam. Remember them? They had an AMAZING single called What Am I Fighting For that was a nice-sized hit in the summer of 2007. I love it when excellent bands (or band members) are reincarnated like this!

Ran For Love by TYSON

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

ah so essentially this is what happened to Unklejam. Popjustice will be pleased ;) It's rather brilliant, excellent find young man!!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Jeff C said...

Reminds me of Sylvester. Great find!Hope he does well.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home