Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Attic - Remember Tomorrow
Release Date: March 21, 2007
Label: Virgin



Following the chart success of their Melodifestivalen entry, The Arrival (featuring Therese), in Sweden, dance duo The Attic have revamped their debut album, replacing six tracks with new songs. In doing so, they’ve created what is likely to be the dance album of the year.

Dance albums are notorious for their reliance on one or two big singles buffered by heaps of filler. Surprisingly, this is not the case with Remember Tomorrow. In fact, the whole thing runs like a greatest hits package. It doesn’t hurt that five of the album’s fourteen tracks are already hit singles (with another soon to come), but it’s really the album tracks that bolster this collection. Where The Attic’s debut opted to play it safe and not stray too far from dance pop basics, Remember Tomorrow incorporates elements of classic rock, balladry and girl pop. Sail Away, the album’s surprise highlight, bounds with prime Journey or Styx era energy, while Remember Tomorrow is more pop/rock than dance. Don’t You Know Me (the second song to feature singer Therese) is just waiting for its rightful place at the top of the charts. It is the perfect dance pop confection that Kylie Minogue would do well to reenter the scene with. In fact, even though early hits In Your Eyes and A Life To Live still throb with a flawless energy, it’s when the duo plays with their sound that the album really takes off.

It doesn’t hurt that the guys have cherry picked the absolute best from their debut to round out the album. Catch Me When I Fall For You and I Just Can’t Help It both possess flawless pop melodies and Minute After Minute is a surprisingly gorgeous electro ballad. It all adds up to an album that is, as they say “all killer, no filler.” It just goes to show you that second tries sometimes do work. A-

Key Tracks: Sail Away, Don’t You Know Me, In Your Eyes

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

Ace. I really liked their Melodifestivalen song, so I think this album is definitely one I'll be interested in.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

If you like any of the group's previous songs, you'll love this album. It's VERY good.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I Just Can't Help It and Destiny are still my favourites (I've found the more recent singles a bit lacklustre, except for In Your Eyes) but I just got my copy of the album so I hope to find some more gems.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

You will. Trust me. I didn't really like their debut but this rerelease is so good.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

I just bought this today and I've already listened to it 3 times. I love it...one of the best of 2007 so far.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home