The 10 Best Singles By... Robyn
10. Do You Know (What It Takes) (1997) - The only pre-indie song on the countdown, this is a completely different Robyn. But it's also a laidback, 90's highlight.
9. Dream On (2008) - Initially a duet with Ola Salo, this was later remixed as a solo Robyn track. The subject matter is unexpected, as is the staccato, experimental beat and melody. Even so, it manages to soar.
8. Hang With Me (2010) - A breezy Summer track if there ever was one. The electronics are pure bliss, but it's the lyrics and delivery that truly makes this something special.
7. Girl & The Robot (2009) - A spacey, odd collaboration with Röyksopp, this is Robyn at her most daring. Though it doesn't feature on any of her albums, it's a standout in her discography.
6. Handle Me (2007) - A confident, trash talking Robyn emerges on this single. The spare beat highlights the undeniable charisma dripping from every vocal. It's an underrated track.
5. Call Your Girlfriend (2011) - The melody just screams "anthem," while the lyrics pack a personal edge. This is Robyn at her songwriting peak.
4. Konichiwa Bitches (2007) - The cheekiest single of her career, it's a bit of a rarity in her discography. There's a handful of similar sounding tracks on her albums, but she never seems to release them. It's a shame, because this is totally entertaining.
3. With Every Heartbeat (2007) - The single that (quite rightly) broke her for the second time outside Sweden. It's an epic, orchestral track that ranks among the very best songs of the decade, which means the two above it are bonafied masterpieces. This single is pure emotion.
2. Be Mine! (2005) - This single-handedly introduced a different Robyn. With its Eleanor Rigby style strings and heartbreaking, spoken middle-eight, this is nothing short of a classic pop song. It still gives me chills.
1. Dancing On My Own (2010) - And she keeps getting better. Her standout comes after what some may have seen as the peak in her career. What can I say about this song? I've heard it hundreds of times and never tire of it. Perfection.
So there you go! But here's the thing, no list is complete without hearing what you think! Leave your top ten Robyn songs in the comments!