Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Adam Lambert - Music Again

"You make me wanna listen to music again"

I'll have my full thoughts on the new Adam Lambert album later (probably tomorrow), once I've had some time to digest it properly, but today I want to post the hands-down best track he's recorded. It's always slightly frustrating when the highlight is also the first track, since it inevitably invites a certain level of disappointment. Music Again, co-written by Justin Hawkins from the Darkness, is EXACTLY the sort of thing Lambert needs to be doing. It effortlessly blends classic rock with the type of modern electro that's found later on the album. Most importantly, the melody is a total kicker. There are traces of Queen, Sweet and (of course) the Darkness, but the swagger and vocal prowess is all Adam. The falsetto in the bridges puts Mika to shame, while the chorus could pass for a choir of Freddie Mercurys. This is brilliant stuff.

Adam Lambert - Music Again

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tyron Wilson said...

I beg to differ! I thought MA just had all of the worst excesses of The Darkness and was a little annoying to boot...I MUCH prefer the P!nk-penned Whataya Want From Me, even if it is basically a P!nk song sung by Adam!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

To each his/her own, I guess. The excesses on this track are very welcome as far as I'm concerned, though as I said in my review of the album, I love the Pink song too.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home