Your Ad Here

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Mini Viva - I'm Hooked

"Do you want to stay?"

I, along with almost every other pop-minded blogger out there, am very excited about Xenomania's Mini Viva. They have a specific sound that mixes Girls Aloud with something a little funkier. I've liked everything I've heard so far, though nothing quite touches the brilliant Left My Heart In Tokyo from this summer. I'm Hooked comes close, riding along on a disco beat with shimmering synths and a laid back groove that lets the melody and vocals shine. It becomes more and more impressive as it builds, and the chorus in particular really shines after a few listens.
On another note, I'm going to start using soundcloud rather than imeem for music, at least for now. Hope that works for everyone!


Mini Viva - I'm Hooked by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the new single here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

I've been using SoundCloud for a while now (user GWGumby if you want to follow). I love being able to embed music with the option to download inside the widget.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

Great review - this was my standout from the album sampler as well. I really like it :) They do have that Saturdays level of diversity though which often comes across as not really knowing what to do with themselves...

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Niko said...

I want this song so bad! :(

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home