Your Ad Here

Monday, January 04, 2010

Tinted Windows - Messing With My Head


"You've been messin' with my head for oh so long now"

It happens every year. I finish my countdowns, look back, and think: crap, I forgot something. Usually I forgot to even nominate the song, and thus didn't consider it at all. The song in question this year (and it probably won't be the last) is Tinted Windows' Kind Of A Girl. The band's album was released last Spring and is pretty darn good on its own right. The single kinda came and went with the occasional radio spin, hence my forgetfulness. Tinted Windows is a side-project/supergroup consisting of members of Cheap Trick, Smashing Pumpkins and Fountains of Wayne, with Taylor Hanson (of Hanson fame) on lead vocals. They perform 70's style power pop with an emphasis on hooks (think The Knack or, obviously, early Cheap Trick). The song I want to post today is the second single, though I never heard it on the radio so I'm not sure many people that don't have the album even know it exists. The song, however, is wonderful - the kind that you'll be humming all day and night. Taylor sounds amazing, as usual, and possesses a kind of glam swagger when performing this kind of track that's a real thrill to hear. Fans of the new Melody Club album (my #2 this year), Motion in the Ocean-era Mcfly, Fountains of Wayne or classic power-pop will absolutely love this.

Tinted Windows - Messing With My Head by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Q Public said...

Ha-ha ... I'd been wondering why it didn't make your list! That kind of thing happens to me too ... I make a mix CD for friends every Xmas, and when putting together my best-of I usually almost forget things that didn't make the mix for whatever reason. That's one reason I'm not much of a digital music buyer ... so I can survey my CD shelves before finalizing my list...! ;-)

-T

8:38 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Agreed. Stupid digital revolution makes it harder to get a look at the full collection.
All in all, though, I guess it's a fair trade off :)

5:19 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I really liked this album - i sort of was hoping for this caliber album from The Click five (and am still waiting). But like you, i kept forgetting about it :/ God knows why - i have dug it out again thanks to you for some enjoyment!

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home