Your Ad Here

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Melodifestivalen 2010: Heat Four

My thoughts on the songs/performances/etc:

First off, I'm gonna begin yet again by stating my annoyance with svt's crap streaming of the video. This week was the worst yet, buffering throughout almost the entire show. So, my thoughts on performances could change when I have the chance to watch them without a million stops in the middle.

Sibel: Kind of Veronicas-esque? Weird dress. The song's catchy, but I wish it was better. So far this year this type of uptempo, frantic pop song hasn't fared that well. I liked the weird background dancers, though, and the very strange ending. The audience didn't know when to clap.

Py Bäckman: My god, she looks like Ozzy Osbourne and Elton John mixed together! This is horrible, quite possibly the worst this year. The older voters better not put her through.

Neo: Of course the feed goes crazy when the one artist I care about this week comes on. Even with all the skipping (I really only got to hear about half the song), I can tell that this is going to be my favorite of the week. Now he needs to go direct to the final so I can see the performance in full.

Lovestoned: I love the sound of this, too, even though the feed was jerking around again. Why did it have to be perfect for that hideous Py song and horrible for the good ones? Anyway, this has a real jaunty feel to it that makes it a definite standout for me.

Anna Bergendahl: Hard to comment on this because I could barely hear it through all the buffering. From what I could hear, it sounded better than most ballads this year. I liked the lighting and Anna sounded good (I think). Could be a darkhorse.

Pernilla Wahlgren: I bet she goes through. The competition has been devoid of a good schlager entry so far, and this fits the bill, even though it's nothing spectacular. Catchy chorus, though. And better than Sibel's entry.

Noll Disciplin: If the song was better, I'd say they were a sure thing going through, just because they're different (and have pyrotechnics), but I don't think it's gonna work. I wouldn't be so angry if they found their way into andra chansen, just for some diversity in song style.

Peter Jöback: He gets the pimp spot, for sure, and it was a good finale. VERY dramatic, theatrical performance that suits his background and spectacular voice. Not my favorite entry, but very, very good.

My hopes to make it through: Neo, Lovestoned, Pernilla, Peter
Who will make it through: Neo, Lovestoned, Pernilla, Peter (yep, I'm thinking my hopes and the actuals will match up for once)

UPDATE: What I could see of that Malena Ernman skit was VERY funny. Pity the feed is cutting out literally each second...

UPDATE: Top 5 - Noll Discipline, Neo, Anna, Peter and Pernilla. And Anna direct to the final! And boy is she happy. Another shocker. Not entirely disappointing, though. Having followed her on Idol, I'm happy for her.

UPDATE: Now the question is, who's gonna get that dreaded 5th place spot? Better not be Neo, though with this group it could really be anyone. I'm surprised that Peter didn't get the highest votes, though.

UPDATE: Christine and Måns and some other famous Swedish folks are singing, though I can't see or hear half of it :(

UPDATE: Neo to andra chansen (he should have been through), which means of course that Peter is in the final and Pernilla is also in andra chansen (next week's show is gonna be strong, yeah? Lots of great second-chancers). And, crap! Neo has to go against that Underbart song. He better get through.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The streaming worked perfect for me...

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Dmusic said...

I could hear the live stream good
but there was a little buffering
last week there was no buffering at all.

I hope second chance will have a good live stream
it will be the best show ever

9:02 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

i am glad that Neo got a second chance. that was really the only song/act i cared about this week, though i'm sure i'll find something else I like within the mix!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

That makes me even more frustrated that other people are getting an uninterrupted stream! I tried two different computers but it didn't help. Maybe it's a distance thing?

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home