Your Ad Here

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rongedal - Because Of You


"I only do the things I do because of you"

Rongedal recently released their second album Absolutely Nowhere (I could make a really mean joke here, but won't) and, while I'm not on board with the entire thing, they've pushed themselves into more of an electronic 80's vibe on a few tracks and I'm all for that. Because Of You opens the album and is easily the standout. These guys can get a little too goofy sounding at times for my tastes, but when they scale it back they're fantastic pop songwriters. Because Of You is built around a dramatic, catchy synth riff that could have easily opened an Ark or Melody Club hit. I knew I was gonna love it before the vocals even came in. As with most of their songs, the lyrics aren't particularly memorable, but the melody is. I could see these two developing quite the lucrative songwriting business. They've got hooks and choruses in their blood. Plus a shiny disco ball attached to their heads, apparently.

Rongedal - Because Of You by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

Rongedal are back?! I adored them! Very pleased by this development, must go investigate immediately, will report back.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Interested to hear your thoughts. I was a bit underwhelmed by most of the album, personally, but there are some great tracks in there.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home