Your Ad Here

Monday, March 01, 2010

Neo - Higher


"I know it's just a matter of time"

All this Melodifestivalen excitement has reignited my interest in Swedish popster Neo. I rightly deemed his debut album one of the best of 2008, and now it's being reissued with his new track Human Frontier and looks to be on the verge of finally finding the success it deserves. Neo is essentially Sweden's answer to Mika (they could be twins), though I actually find his music more enjoyable. He's every bit as campy and over-the-top, but his songs have a greater electro and club edge to them. Better yet, the melodies are some of the biggest, and most addictive, in pop music today. Leave it to Sweden. Higher opens the album in a typically rousing fashion, sounding like the lovechild of Bodies Without Organs and the Ark. I can't think of higher praise than that for those of us that are Swede-obsessed. The song's an anthem, for sure, and kicks off a string of remarkably consistent, modern pop. Yeah, it's cheesy, but in my world there's no such thing as a guilty pleasure.

Neo - Higher by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the first version of the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I do adore Higher. And Human frontier. And i have this strange love for Bachelor Boy :) I remember your album review being spot on btw!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I love rediscovering albums! I honestly hadn't listened to this in a year or so and it sounds even better now.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home