Your Ad Here

Monday, March 29, 2010

Simon Curtis - 8Bit Heart


"Is it so, so wrong to love and be loved in return?"

Paul is gonna love this post. He's been on the Simon Curtis train for ages now, while I've been standing on the platform waiting for the right cabin to pull up. Ha! That was a ridiculous metaphor. What I'm trying to say is that I've been somewhat ho-hum about this whole Simon Curtis guy until two days ago when I downloaded his new album (for FREE). As far as glossy pop music goes, it's pretty epic. Reminds me a lot of a Darren Hayes album if Darren was still a teenager (this is not a dig at you Mr. Hayes... can't wait for your new album). What Simon Curtis has done with this album, on no doubt a shoestring budget, is pretty remarkable. The music isn't so new or different, but the thought put into is totally refreshing. It's a real pop concept album, for god sakes! Then there's the voice, most apparent on this soaring track. There's falsetto and there's falsetto, and this gets into Adam Lambert territory. Stirring. Add to that a magnificently simple melody and production that sounds like a modern electro update of an old Motown song and you get the sense of this guy's ambition. Download the album and let me know what you think. He's certainly converted me. (And listen also to Beat Drop, because I nearly posted that one instead)

Simon Curtis - 8Bit Heart by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Download the album for free here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I love this post :)

4:34 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

YES!! My job is done.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home