Your Ad Here

Monday, May 31, 2010

Operator Please - Just Kiss


"This handshake is weak"

I've been meaning to write about this album for awhile now. I've been loving Australia's Operator Please ever since their debut a couple of years ago. I still think Just A Song About Ping Pong is one of the best teenage freakouts of the past decade. There's something charming about a bunch of kids strapping on instruments and recording an album. It fulfills the ultimate teenage fantasy, and it's even more entertaining when the band is this talented. Now that the kids are older (and gained and lost a member), their sound has shifted from the garage-pop of their debut to an even better brand of spunky electro. Amandah Wilkinson's vocals have smoothened into something that's a cross between the Veronicas and Tegan & Sara, but the band have lost none of their energy. The album's well-worth your time. This is one of my favorite tracks.

Operator Please - Just Kiss by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger A1 said...

what do you think of Back & Forth , very swish me thinks..goes #1 for me this week :)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I love it (and especially the video). Doesn't scream #1 hit to me, but it's very pleasant.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home