Your Ad Here

Monday, May 10, 2010

Scissor Sisters - Fire With Fire


"It used to seem we were number one"

Summer 2010 has its anthem. The Scissor Sisters are back, and boy how I've missed them! They've been gone so long that I didn't realize how much I needed them back. Ever since I heard Invisible Light (their epic album-ending teaser released a few weeks ago), I was on the edge of my seat for the first official single. And it doesn't disappoint. One thing I love about the Sisters is their ability to shift from sexy,club-infused cult-pop (Invisible Light) to soaring, classical pop songwriting (Fire With Fire). Some folks only seem to like one or the other, but it's in this combination of sounds that the band truly show what they can do. The Stuart Price produced Fire With Fire is essentially The Killers' Human Part Two, but with Jake Shears' Elton-esque vocals and that simple, catchy hook, I think they've got a hit on their hands. It's a return to form after the last album kind of fizzled out after the success of I Don't Feel Like Dancin. The new album, Night Work, is released at the end of next month. I'll be first in line to buy my copy, for sure. Can't wait.

Scissor Sisters - Fire With Fire by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

As you know i've been waiting for this review :) So pleased you love it. I can't wait for the album... someone on my blog comments described it as a scissor sister take on Sex On Fire via Elton John. Works for me. Plus they are doing a concert in Birmingham on 25th June. woo and hoo!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Jealous for that concert, though both times I've seen them they've been in really small venues. They're the kind of band that would lose their charm in arenas, I think.

I would DIE of happiness if Fire With Fire became this summer's big hit, especially in America.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home