Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mark Ronson - Bang Bang Bang (ft. Q-Tip & MNDR)


"Je te plumerai la, tete"

Okay, it's not as though this song isn't well-known already (in fact, it's been flirting with the UK top five for a couple of weeks now). But, when a single is this good, I feel a certain responsibility to spread it around to any who may not have heard it. And the truth is, I was somewhat of a late-comer to Bang Bang Bang. I was not a huge fan of Mark Ronson's first album so I was expecting more of the same from his new work. I was totally wrong, as he's ditched the retro sounds in favor of something brighter, weirder and far more current. Once I heard BBB, I was completely hooked. I'd actually go as far as saying that this is the most addictive (best?) pop/hip-hop hybrid since Outkast's Hey Ya! back in 2003. Like that track, this one's built on a simple (yet mind-bendingly catchy) hook and decorated with a bunch of funky, quirky gobbledygook (it's really the best descriptor I can use!). And also like that track, I predict that this will become a global hit and Mark Ronson's American breakthrough, if they choose to release it here. Be sure to search out the music video, too. It's one of the year's best.

Mark Ronson - Bang Bang Bang (ft. Q-Tip & MNDR) by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

it took me a while to get into it, but i really do love it now :)

Totally off topic but your military style jhackets are SO IN right now in the UK :)

2:50 AM  
Blogger Poster Girl said...

Funny, Paul--me too! I couldn't stand this at first, but it's one of my go-to songs now.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, I'm so friggin hooked to "Bang Bang Bang" that it's like I need "a hit" of it every day. It's like I'm 16 again, and I'm so much older than that. So much older that my addiction is a bit embarrassing -- no, a guilty pleasure. I'm in the U.S.A. and it has hit big here, too. I've clipped my own wings too many times to mention.

BTW, I'm glad I checked the lyrics after I'd gone around singing: "Fellas, I'm f****** fellas." lol ... I had the French lyrics down pat, but I mucked up the English ones. Once I read all the lyrics, I became more addicted to the song. I haven't been this excited about this kind of alternative music (synthpop-rock and hip hop) since Malcolm McLaren, the Tom Tom Club and David Byrne.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home