Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Venus Stare - Close To You


"You make me feel like I'm seventeen"

If Donkeyboy's Ambitions was the melodic, soft-rock 80's hit of last summer, then The Venus Stare fill that slot for the summer of 2010. While their video is a deliberate retro campfest, the song itself is something really special. Its breezy, Fleetwood Mac-esque melody is underpinned by subtle Van Halen synths (my catch-all description for any synth riff that sounds like it could have come out of Jump). There's even an overindulgent guitar solo (the best kind) towards the end. It's the kind of song that seems to come around about once a year... incredibly pleasant, even if it doesn't instantly draw attention to itself. The band's mission is to write songs big enough to soundtrack an epic 80's movie. I've gotta say, that's a goal I can get behind. Maybe they should team up with the Galvatrons! They're off to a great start with this addictive single. I bet the follow-up will knock us out.

The Venus Stare - Close To You by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gmisk said...

Its worth watching it for the video on youtube alone!...also anyone who met at a screening of Mannequin is ok with me!

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home