Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One Night Only - Can't Stop Now


"Don't despair, don't give up"

As usually happens, One Night Only's new album doesn't quite live up to the potential of brilliant first single Say You Don't Want It. It's full of fine, synth-assisted brit pop, but nothing really stands out as unique or completely memorable. Pleasant. That's the word. It's very pleasant -- and recommended -- but I can't say that I'm jumping up and down over it. Oddly, my second favorite track after the single is the closing song, an uptempo with the strongest hook on the entire album. It begins as an atmospheric, beat-free anthem before chugging right into a tense electro beat that doesn't let up. In fact, after a few more listens I might even prefer it to the single.

One Night Only - Can't Stop Now by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous sandra said...

I don't stop listening music.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I've picked out a few key tracks from the album and this is one of them. Lovely. I quite like it. Though my weird theatre love means everytime i see the band's name I start singing the DreamGirls song!!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home