Your Ad Here

Monday, October 11, 2010

Joe McElderry - If You Love Me


"I see your face when they put my record on"

I'm knee deep in X-Factor right now (Nicolo should not have gone home, by the way). It's one of those things, like Melodifestivalen in February, that just kind of takes over the world during this time of the year. I get way too into it, and this season already has so many more to root for than last. Joe McElderry, last season's winner, was a pretty boring contestant but he had a great voice. And, surprisingly, he's turning into a good little popstar. I'm so happy he's gone for an uptempo sound rather than the tepid ballads most winners are given. As much as I prefer the original, Donkeyboy's Ambitions was an inspired first single choice, but the b-side is even better. In fact, listening to the samples of his upcoming album, I predict this song will be the best thing he's recorded. It's total, unabashed dance-pop with one hell of a hook. The chorus is so great that it completely barrels over everything else (which is good because some of the lyrics in the verses are lame). It sounds like a big, singalong Eurovision track--very cheesy but in the best possible way. I don't know who wrote/produced this but I wouldn't be surprised if they were Swedish. I always thought Joe should inherit George Michael's throne. Songs like this could do it for him.

Joe McElderry - If You Love Me by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Damian said...

I can't find any official info but people say it's Alexander Kronlund and Tony Nilsson behind the song. I'm not surprised though the song sounds exactly in his style. And it's amazing, yes! :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Tony Nilsson would not surprise me in the least, and it would explain why this is such an amazing track. Nilsson can do no wrong.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I'm loving a bit of Gay J at the moment and I'm hoping that this doesn;t become his finest moment! I think i've warmed to Ambitions mainly because of how infectious (not Paije infectious though) he makes it.

dying to hear your thoughts on the x-factor. Nicolo The Picolo shouldn't have gone, but essentially that's what the x-factor is about. Bad early decisions then learning to live with these mistakes later on while you are trying to endure another odious performance from the people who should have gone.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous gmisk said...

Wow! Now that is catchy! He should have definitely released that as the a-side....ambitions is a great song but definitely prefer the original

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this track and can NOT stop listening to it. From the piano, to the synth, to everything.

I would get down with my bad self if this came on in a club.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's like Kylie Minogue but IN A GUY i totally love this song & joe mcelderry

11:28 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Wow, thanks for posting this! I'd never have heard it - it's brilliant, lots better than several of the album tracks.

Why was it a B-Side?!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home