Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Killabite - Follow Me Home


"You say you're the perfect guy"

I receive so many emails from bands and managers, yet 99% of the songs I'm sent do not mesh with the type of music I post on alienhits. I'm pretty strict about submissions. That's why it makes me so happy when I'm sent something that gets me excited. This band's so well-fitted to this blog that I'm posting their track a mere hour after I received it. Killabite are an electropop duo from L.A. (always nice to hear some new American acts) and their EP (posted on soundcloud) shows quite a bit of promise. My favorite track is the pulsing Follow Me Home, which alternates between computerized robotic vocals and Chau Phan's luscious voice (which reminds me of Lisa from the Lovemakers). There are hooks upon hooks here. It could almost be a Girls Aloud or Mini Viva track. It's got that big, bubblegum pop sound to it. Definitely a band to watch!

Follow me home by killabite

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ModerneFusion said...

Wow, Absolutely LOVING this jam. thanks so much for this :) I have just recently started a music blog of my own and just found your blog while searching for some more Mark Ronson. Very good job with the blog and you got my support!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Awesome! Glad you liked it :) And good luck with the blog

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Albert said...

Thanks for this post, pretty effective piece of writing.
this site

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home