Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Concept Store - Damn!


"My feet just want to touch new ground"

Thanks to the wonderful Swedish Stereo for turning me on to this great new Swedish pop band. I don't think I would have ever expected a group with an oddly blank name like Concept Store to create such exciting, uptempo music. The song pulses on a well-utilized string section before blasting into a sky-high falsetto, handclap chorus. It's about time we got a track like this from a new Scandinavian group. It's got shades of Salem Al Fakir, Fibes, Oh Fibes and Scissor Sisters, all pumped up to a dramatic, orchestral flourish. Could we ask for anything more? Luckily, it's already making waves on itunes. If things go as they should, this will be only the first step of an exciting new pop career in Sweden. And they didn't even need Melodifestivalen to get it!

Concept Store - Damn! by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://facebook.com/conceptstoreband This is their FB-groupname if you guys wanna know more! They are amazing!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Damian said...

Thanx so much for the tips Nick :) They are truly wonderful, I'd say it was unexpectedly beautiful discovery, the only thing is that I'd prefer this single to go out a bit later in Spring as this is more Summerish for me and I wouldn't like guys to fall into competition with Melodifestivalen releases but still I hope that everything will go fine for them.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home