Your Ad Here

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Hurts - All I Want For Christmas Is New Year's Day


"I'm not supposed to feel this way"

They're not the most likely band to record a Christmas single, but from the title to the sound, this is a perfect release from Hurts. It's exactly what you'd expect from them -- a big, melancholy ballad with orchestral (in this case, Christmas bells) influences. Holiday theme aside, it would fit perfectly on their album. I'm not sure if it's a proper single release or just an extra little curio, but if given a push I think this could do well for them. At the very least, it's bound to enjoy cult status among fans. They do soaring very well, and the chorus to this certainly fits the bill. And can I just suggest that more pop songs employ the use of bells (Christmas or not)? I'm not sure what it is about them, but I'm convinced that they make everything better.

Hurts - All I Want For Christmas Is New Year's Day by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the debut album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous gmisk said...

Pretty fantastic as most hurts stuff is (I still miss daggers though)

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home