Your Ad Here

Friday, December 17, 2010

Top 20 Albums of 2010: 20-19

20. Elin Lanto - Love Made Me Do It



Somewhat of a hit-or-miss affair, though the hits were so good that it deserves to sneak into my countdown. This album had been brewing for quite some time, which resulted in a long string of singles before it was even released. This gave the final product more of a greatest hits feel than anything. Still, the single choices were brilliant and the combination of Lanto’s scratchy pop voice and a team of excellent songwriters proved more than effective to deliver a grade-a pop album.

Facebook

19. The Wanted - The Wanted



If someone would have told me that I’d be including a boy band album on this year’s countdown, I wouldn’t have believed them. Despite growing up during the height of turn-of-the-century boy band hysteria, I’ve never been convinced that an entire album of the stuff is much to get excited about. Luckily, The Wanted shifted things with an unexpected, guitar and string-influenced sound. Beyond the singles, this is a remarkably consistent pop album brimming with potential hits. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would (and technically, it’s only the first of two boy band albums on the countdown this year)

Facebook

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Aron said...

I suppose every person must read it.
wood chippers | medical assistant temp agencies | Kure Beach Rentals

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home