Your Ad Here

Monday, February 14, 2011

Alienhits Celebrates its 5th Birthday!

Last Saturday, two days before my fifth anniversary, this blog was deleted.

It was a panicked morning, logging onto blogger and discovering that everything--all five years of it--was gone. Luckily, it turned out to be a weird error unrelated to my activity, and the blog "magically" reappeared eventually. But that hour of panicking really made me realize how important Alienhits has become to me.

I'm in the camp that firmly believes that music can not only soundtrack a life, but really become a life. So many of my recent memories have been tied to specific songs. In the past few years, I've lived and taught in England (twice), traveled thousands and thousands of miles to see my beloved Ark in concert (three times), and written/published my first novel. And I've had a fistful of songs with me at all times.

Because of this blog, I've had the opportunity to discover and chat with developing artists, meet some truly wonderful fellow bloggers and, most importantly, have an excuse to keep up with the ever-changing music world. And even though I try to keep the focus on the songs I'm posting, I realize now that, like it or not, this blog has become a sort of journal for me.

Half a decade... whew. Who would have thought?

So as per tradition, I'll leave you with the song that started it all--the very first track I posted, and still one of my all-time favorites (though long-time readers are probably sick of me blathering on about it year after year!).

The Mo - The Right World by alienhits

5 Comments:

Blogger Damian said...

Five years??? Incredible!
Can't imagine such a long period but my congratulations!!! Keep doing great job and presenting great new music :)
Seems like I never heard The Mo before but they sound quite nice, should dig them.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Poster Girl said...

Happy fifth anniversary! That's huge, especially when it's the anniversary for a blog which has consistently been the place to go to for fantastic new music no one else knows about. Your ability to unearth previously unheard gems that shine instantly never ceases to be amazing. Your blogging experience may have introduced you to great artists and people, but it's also no exaggeration to say your introductions of certain acts have led directly to those acts' success.

As one of your faithful readers, thanks for five music-filled years. And hey, if you can't use your fifth anniversary to post whatever song you want, when can you?

1:20 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

Congrats on five years. i would have died if my blog disappeared but i think i actually would be more disappointed if YOUR blog disappeared!!

I'm eagerly awaiting another 5 years. Your words are as essential as the music you play.

10:28 PM  
Blogger alesta said...

I've had this Mo song in my playlists for years, but I can't imagine I actually followed you for a full 5 years..? Congrats!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks guys! I'm not planning on slowing down anytime soon :)

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home