Your Ad Here

Monday, September 12, 2011

Gypsy & The Cat - Jona Vark


"Her name is Jona"

Gypsy & The Cat are a band that I have desperately wanted to like more than I actually do. I've had their album since it came out late last year and have enjoyed it each time I listen to it, but something seems to be missing. It's the kind of album that flows together so effortlessly that it's almost like one long song. Very pleasant, in an ethereal, synthy 8o's sort of way, but it's hard to pick a standout. The success of this song in Germany (it was featured in a popular promo), has sort of remedied this situation. Jona Vark is going to end up being the band's breakthrough single. Like their other songs, it's a subdued pop track. Lush, atmospheric production meets a beautiful, harmonized chorus. It's a very stately, and reminds me of 70's/80's soft-pop bands like Fleetwood Mac and Toto. There's a nice mix of acoustic guitars, airy electronica, and BeeGees/Hall & Oates style vocals. it's made me reevaluate the album yet again. I'm still not sure I 100% love it, but I definitely appreciate it. And I have very high hopes for the next one.

Gypsy And The Cat - Jona Vark by mybigmouth

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dennis said...

It can't work in reality, that's exactly what I think.
website

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home