Your Ad Here

Monday, May 05, 2014

My First Band - Don't Break My Corazon


"I don't know if we'll make it past the door"

This is going to be half a post about a song I love and half a post of me railing against region restrictions in pop music (for the umpteenth time). My First Band's latest single, Don't Break My Corazon, has been out in Finland for a few months now, and it's been pretty successful. It's a gorgeously produced, propulsive pop song with a great hook. Their new album was released last week and I'm dying to hear it. The previews sound very, very promising. But, it's only available on Finnish itunes. Some online radio station was allowing listeners to stream the entire album for a few days, but that seemed to be region-restricted as well. The music video is... you guessed it... region restricted. Seriously, people? In this day in age, in a global world with all the luxuries new technology gives us, it just seems insane to intentionally limit your audience. The days of people being willing to shell out thirty plus dollars to import the physical cd (without even hearing it) are over. No wonder everyone turns to piracy. Sometimes there's no other viable way to connect with the music you love! Anyways, let me whet your appetite with this song and then you can be as frustrated as I am.

Don't Break My Corazon by My First Band on Grooveshark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here (but only if you're in Finland, of course!). Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Stebleton said...

Amen. Region restrictions are a completely pointless pain in the rear.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home