Your Ad Here

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

PEPPER'S GHOST - EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING & BECAUSE OF HER


"I want everything & anything"


I was looking through my music collection to try to find the next band to spotlight, and I ran across Shake The Hand That Shook The World by Pepper's Ghost. It's been quite a few months since I last listened to this cd, but it only took a few minutes before I was completely captivated again. Pepper's Ghost have the dubious "honor" of having been the opening act for (I almost can't say her hideous name) Ashlee Simpson. This fact nearly caused me to refrain from listening to their music. To this day, I don't know why they were chosen to go on that tour. Their music is light years ahead of Ashlee's and, miracle of miracles, the lead singer can actually sing!

Anyway, Pepper's Ghost (I've heard them described as "theatre rock," which in my book is definitely a good thing) deserve much more than the meager success they've had in America. Their album is divided up into the uptempo, slightly glam-tinged songs and slower, Beatles-esque ballads. Both are absolutely fantastic, so I decided to pick one of each. First is "Everything & Anything," which sounds a bit like a more glam rock Maroon 5. Second is "Because of Her," an utterly gorgeous summer-day singalong.

(You can buy the album here (used for under a dollar!)- music is posted for evaluation purposes only. Please support the artists. If you hold the copyright to this song and wish it to be removed, contact me and I will delete it immediately.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home