Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

IMA ROBOT - DISCONNECT


"Hello operator, please connect me to the human race"


Ima Robot release their second album in the States in a few weeks and, although I've remained pretty ambivalent about them in the past, I heard a few tracks from it and they sound way, way good. There's something very Swedish about this song. It has the driving rock sound of the Ark with the catchy repetitiveness of Melody Club. Finally, it adds in some American 80's punk and at times reminds me of the glorious Adam Ant. The lyrics as well are very timely and definitely describe my feelings about living in America right now. This isn't their first single from the new album (that'd be the also excellent "Creeps Me Out"), but it's a fantastic singalong anthem.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Preorder their album [with an awesome cover] here.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

n-n-n-nicely done there, bucko!

the album is mind blowing in most every way

5:46 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I can't wait to buy it, then, anonymous stranger! Have you heard their first album?? I can't decide whether I want to get it yet.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home