Your Ad Here

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

BIF NAKED

“My new tango shoes, they are my treasure, they are so cool"

Today's post is going to be a bit of a taster of an artist that some of you may know, some may not. Bif Naked had a minor hit in the US in the late nineties with A Moment Of Weakness from her major label debut. It was a thrashy bit of punk/metal/pop and, though it was good, didn't really show what she was capable of. Bif has been more popular in Canada, with hits like these three songs below. First up is Tango Shoes, a delicious slice of Pat Benatar vs. Fefe Dobson pop from 2002's Purge. Next is Spaceman, a catchy-as-all-get-out celestial pop/rocker No Doubt would be proud to have as part of their cannon. Finally, there is the gut-wrenching ballad Lucky, which you may have heard on a season four (correct me if I'm wrong) episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It is probably the most sing-along worthy ballad I've heard since 4 Non Blondes' What's Up. Enjoy. I'm eager to hear how you all like Miss Bif.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the albums here, here and here.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love her!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Somebody replied! Thank god! I was beginning to think that nobody really cared about this post.

Glad you liked her!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Isis said...

Bif Naked rocks my socks! I love her! I really want to meet/see her play in person.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! if you like Bif Naked you might like this hot up and coming Vancouver Band, The Fury! They've got lots of talent and lots of energy. They're not exactly like Bif Naked, of course, but you should check them out at www.myspace.com/furytunes

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home