Your Ad Here

Monday, October 23, 2006

HELLO OPERATOR - CRASH & THE RADIO STAR


“Friday night you want to hide, but Tuesday was okay"

Do you miss the days of 70's-80's power-pop group The Cars? Well, my friend and I have found their successors. Toronto's Hello Operator are so good that I had trouble trying to decide which track of theirs to post. Classic rock 'n roll songwriting meets bright synths and energetic vocals on Crash & The Radio Star. It's criminal that this group's music has not found a place on mainstream radio. Their debut ep is really a tiny masterpiece of its genre. Just try to get the synth riff from this song out of your head.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Ooo, great comparison--and I love it!

Congratulations on beating Popjustice to the punch about Technicolour's "Michael Jackson," by the way! Inspired by you, maybe?

8:41 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, I was totally thinking that but I didn't want to make any accusations ;)

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home