Your Ad Here

Monday, November 13, 2006

REVL9N - WALKING MACHINE

“She said 'I like it better when it hurts'”

From only one look at Revl9n's promo picture I knew I would love them. Despite occupying the all-but-dead electroclash genre, Revl9n bring fantastic pop smarts and a whole lot of attitude, which sets them easily apart from their peers. Walking Machine is an absolutely addictive confection. I've had it on repeat for awhile now and I like it better with each listen. Couple an extremely catchy melody with a computer blip landscape that kind of sounds like Deep Forest on crack and you've got a major hit. If you like electropop groups like The Knife and Mylo (but with much more of a pop melody), I would especially recommend this group.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

its a shame this genre is seen as over because i am still loving it. it still seems fresh and exciting to me - this is a great track...

7:01 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

But how do we pronounce their name?

Rev-l-nine-n?

Reveleen, like Maybelline?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I'm assuming Revlon, with the 9 more for show than anything. The reason I'm thinking this is because in some of their press, the "tail" of the 9 kinda hangs off the bottom, making it look more like an exaggerated "o".

But, I have yet to find anything conclusive. It is rather irritating, isn't it? But, the song makes up for it I think.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Revlon or Maybelline?

At least it's not "Rim-all London" with Kate Moss slathering it all over her face.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Revlon 9" is their correct name,
just as they used to be called before this arty spelling on the
cover:)

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home