Your Ad Here

Monday, November 06, 2006

TALLY HALL - GOOD DAY

“I'd like to say hello and welcome you, good day, that is my name"

I thought the above picture was approriate today, as the pacific Northwest (where I live) is flooding like no other after days of rain. Sigh, fall/winter is here. Moving on to the song, don't let the fellows' colorful accountant look full you. Good Day is one of the most alive tracks I've heard in a long time. It would fit in no problem on Queen's Night At The Opera. That'll pretty much tell you all you need to know. Freddie Mercury would be proud (especially at the 2:20 mark, where the song completely changes - one of many stylistic shifts). At some times the singing actually sounds eerily like Mercury. Most importantly, it's not like nothing else out there today, yet it's a sound that I think a lot of bands are currently striving for. Insanely catchy and continually inventive, who knew music this good was still coming from the States?

Tally Hall - Good Day

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Slightly scary...I was listening to a Tally Hall song I had ("Greener," which is OK, I guess, but I was mainly intrigued by potential) and thought "Hmm, I'd sort of like to hear more about this band"--blogsearched (new verb!) them, and your site was the first to pop up! Weird coincidence...anyhow, thanks for the song (and the continually great music)!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Slightly scarier: I just posted this less than an hour ago! Two minds in complete harmony... must mean something! :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

ooh now i feel left out so i will pretend i too was just thinking about them instead of just discovering them for the first time and secretly loving their chartered firm of accountants look...

1:58 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

If you love that pic you should check out others of them. It's the ties, isn't it? From looking at all the promo, I don't think those ties ever leave them. Must get a bit difficult to wash...

6:31 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

oh god! my tie fetish has been revealed! You cad! think of what you could do with them though. Actually don't...

7:56 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Freaking hell! What exactly could you do with them? My mind is far too creative to unleash the thought.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

they make lovely christmas garlands :)

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home