Your Ad Here

Saturday, December 23, 2006


In a year full of pop gems there's bound to also be some stinkers. Here are six songs I never want to hear again…


6. Justin Timberlake - Sexy/Back
Okay, so it was tolerable the first few times. It even seemed innovative. Then, everyone started quoting it. Everyone was bringing their sexy back, even those who had obviously never had it in the first place. When a song becomes a catchphrase, it’s all over for me.

5. Pink - Stupid Girls
A very lukewarm return from a once promising new star. If you’re going to try your hand at satire, please don’t be so obvious. The circa 1999 hip hop beat didn’t help, either.

4. Vincent - Paradise
Proving that not all Swedish music is created equal, this song proudly owns the worse chorus of the year. Infuriatingly spelling out the title (with a “the” in front of each letter) over and over again, I cringed every time I heard it.

3. Beyonce - Ring The Alarm
Clattering, squawking mess that instantly revoked my fan status. If I wanted to hear a hissy fit like this I’d turn on Jerry Springer.

2. Fergie - London Bridge
An inferior Gwen Stefani sound-alike, Fergie couldn’t even the name of the bridge right. Annoyingly this went to number one in America. It only shows our ignorance.

1. Hinder - Lips Of An Angel
A wimpy breakthrough from self-professed saviors of rock and roll. And what do they give us? A soggy, misogynistic pop ballad that manages the amazing feat of being sub-Nickelback. It’s worse every time I hear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home