Your Ad Here

Monday, January 22, 2007

JUVELEN - HANNA

"Hanna I know I never ever did do you right"

Juvelen calls himself the "one man boyband." I think he's selling himself short, because he is far more interesting than that. More interesting for any label, in fact. Juvelen (means "jewel" in Swedish) is recieving mountains of hype in Sweden, and for good reason. His current single Watch You Step, is a fine slice of catchy post-Prince pop, but I like Hanna better. Hanna is the kind of pop song that I seriously can't imagine anybody disliking. it is the kind of thing that Outkast promised us in that brief period where they made good pop... a wicked, surprising track that still manages to be conventional, catchier-than-should-be-allowed pop. In between sparkling synthesizer and funky guitars is pure genius. For the second time in less than two weeks, I'm afraid I'll have to use the word essential to decribe this.

mp3: Juvelen - Hanna

zshare: Juvelen - Hanna

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the EP here.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Ooo, I like this a lot more than "Watch Your Step"--in fact, it makes me think I should go back and listen to it again; maybe I just wasn't paying attention the first time?

And, on the topic of teen's literature, can I throw in my vote for the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman? I have nothing against the Harry Potter series--in fact, I really like it--but it drives me crazy that that fantasy series has taken over the world while comparatively so few people know about the genius of The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass, which are teen lit but completely transcend it, too. My favorite books ever--no contest.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got planned, though--I've been in desperate need of some new reading material lately!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

This is ace. It's really catchy and altoghether just ace.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I am sickeningly obsessed with this song right now. Glad to see I;m not alone.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home