Your Ad Here

Monday, January 08, 2007

Loveninjas - I Wanna Be Like Johnny C

"I wanna be like you!"

I Wanna Be Like Johnny C, the new single from Swedish group Loveninjas, possesses the kind of shimmering pop melody that groups like Pulp and, more recently, The Upper Room excell at. I actually know shockingly little about the band, but I think that this song speaks for itself. It just keeps building and building until it bursts into an anthematic rave. In fact, I would put it right alongside Pulp's Common People. In a lot of ways, it's very similar and a nice compliment to that classic. Plus, the whole thing's pretty funny... in a serious way of course.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Oh, I love this! That ending is absolutely gorgeous, no matter what it's about.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Completely agree. The whole thing has a real epic quality to it.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, I can't believe you're comparing this to Pulp. I don't really like it at all. Their song 'Keep Your Love' is much more fun

7:46 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Sorry it wasn't your thing. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'll have to check out that other song, though.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home