Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

PLEASURE - OUT OF LOVE



"And I'm running away and I just don't stop to feel"

The brilliant Popjustice and Into the Groove highlighted this group (or, to be more specific, one-man act) back in 2006 and I know that I listened to this song some months ago but I'm kicking myself because I didn't really "discover" it until a week ago. And, I really think it is one of the best tracks of 2006. Like fellow favs Alphabeat and Lucky Soul, this is pop music but it's not vacuous in any way. High quality, unique melody... spare disco beat... it is absolutely essential. Brilliant, even, in its simplicity. Pleasure is the work of Fred Ball, Uk DJ and pop music creator extraordinare. An album is promised "soon," though I can't wait if it's anything as good as this (and judging from second -and completely different- single Back To You, it is).

mp3: Pleasure - Out Of Love
zshare: Pleasure - Out Of Love

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! No album yet, but buy the track here.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a girl in the pic? I am confused....it is a girl singing...but i love the pic and the song...so yippy!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i went to their myspace and "back to you" started playing... and i immediately recognized the unmistakable vocal stylings of brett anderson of suede... made me so very, very happy :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

buttondown, that would be Fred Ball, the main man behind Pleasure. (I'm assuming... if I'm wrong, someone please let me know).

Vocals on Out Of Love are by Heidrun Bjornsdottir.

BTW.. glad to see so many people digging this song. I've played it a gazillion times since last week at least.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a very VERY good pop song.... thanks a lot!

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Pleasure (-

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ITS AMAZING the big surprise in this 2007!
Im from Ecuador hi..... (South America)

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home