Your Ad Here

Saturday, March 17, 2007


Cowboy Bebop: The Music

I am not the most extremely knowledgeable person you'll find when it comes to Japanese Anime, but I know what I like. And, although I can take or leave the Cowboy Bebop series, the music on the soundtracks is another matter completely. Overseen by musical genius Yoko Kanno, who can compose in pretty much every genre possible, the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack cds offer an eccentric, enjoyable, and often-times pop centered selection of music. Most of the Cowboy Bebop music is instrumental and fits the show perfectly, but take all of the tracks with vocals from the series and compile them into a two cd set and you've got what I like to think of as one of the best soundtracks there is. Today I'm going to share with you a few of my favorite cuts from this spliced together soundtrack. (BTW, if you want my tracklist for the 2 cds, let me know...)

Ask DNA - Strange lyrics that don't really seem to fit the series, but all I know is that if someone would have flung this in the vicinity of Robbie Williams, he could have had the comeback he needed. Ask DNA has got a perfect, singalong pop/rock melody. It sounds like something that could have been in a hit in the 90's.

Gotta Knock A Little Harder - One of my favorite ballads ever. The lyrics, melody, and intensity of this song absolutely floor me everytime that I hear it. Sung by the utterly brilliant Mai Yamane, it may take awhile to get under your skin, but it'll stick with you.

Chicken Bone - To close, I've gotta post one of the strangest songs on the soundtrack. Even if you think you have no interest in this music, listen to this song and tell me that you're not completely weirded out. Here's a sample of some of the lyrics. Draw your own conclusions. By the way, it's got a bit of a hip-hop flavor... no joking.

"Roast it well with cajun sauce, together, together...Oohh...Long as they don't throw it away...Bake it with asian sauce, together, together...Oohh...It is good for your healthy life...Baby it's true...Coz when you love it to the bone, Woah...Bone..."

Now how can you argue with such brilliance?!?

Buy the Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack cds here

*mp3's back up... sorry about that - Cowboy Bebop is evidently quite popular

1 Comments:

Blogger Grifit said...

Love Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack and Mai Yamame is orgasmic.

My favorite songs from all the soundtracks are Blue, The Real Folk Blues and Call Me Call Me

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home