Your Ad Here

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dover - Tonight



“I've gotta give you something to remember me by"

I'm posting a picture from this Spanish group's newest album because it's what finally sold me on them. Robpop from don'tstopthepop first wrote about this band late last year and, while I downloaded the song, listened to it and liked what I heard, it ended there for me. Luckily, I was reminded about them again... and this time everything clicked. Sometimes with music it's just a case of being in the right mindframe and hearing exactly the right song that clinches the deal. The song in question is Tonight, and I'm so glad that it reintroduced me to Dover. With it's catchy-as-all-get-out verses and swirling synths, the song is an absolute pop smash. I've been spinning their new album, Follow The City Lights, like mad lately and they have quickly propelled themselves into the upper echelon of pop acts in my mind. Now, back to the album cover... it's brilliant, and completely brings me into the Dover world better than any of their promo pics. Amazing what a little space age pop art will do.

mp3: Dover - Tonight
zshare: Dover - Tonight

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep...a lot of people DONT like their transformation from 'punk' roots (previous albums were much different), but this is a gem. The slick production really fits them well. Probably the only Spanish group I follow...

6:26 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

From listening to some of their earlier stuff, I definitely approve of the sonic makeover.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm French and I'm fan of Dover, it's the best group in the world !
Their new album is great ! But it's true that in spain, lots of people say that they changed because of the money, it's very mean ! They changed because they wanted to change, that's all....

7:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

For a lot of us this band introduced us to rock and gave an escape from the mindless techno the overflows the Spanish charts all the time. However, I agree that a band needs to change direction every once and a while. But this absolutly crazy...not to mention ridiculous.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home