Your Ad Here

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Real Idols EP

In honor of American Idol's continued dominance over my work week (Blake and Melinda to the final, btw), today's EP is comprised of some great music from past Idol participants from around the world. Now, good music is by far the exception rather than the rule when it comes to Idol programs, but every once and awhile a true artist will emerge from the fold (or, if not... at least a singer who was smart enough to get a really good pop song). You'll know some of these folks (Kelly, Darin, Sebastian) and some may be new (Jenny Gear, Hedley), but they are all Alienhits approved.

1. Hedley - Villian
2. Sebastian - Falling In Love With You Again
3. Kalan Porter - She's So Dangerous
4. Kelly Clarkson - Just Missed The Train
5. Darius - Rushes
6. Jenny Gear - Tower Of Song
7. Darin - Who's That Girl (The Attic Remix)

2 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

I'm pleasantly surprised (emphasis on the "pleasantly") to see "Rushes" on that list--I'd venture a guess that you're not generally a Darius fan, but he's had a couple of songs that are just such good pop that it baffles me that he's so generally disliked (maybe that's overstating it a bit, but there's a few of his songs I'd think would be widely liked, at least).

Is Sebastian's new album worth getting, then? I'm planning on buying it, I think.

Great choices all around--the Attic vastly improve that Darin song, I think, and I've never heard of Jenny Gear before--Canadian Idol, I'm guessing?

3:20 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Although I haven't heard any of Darius's albums, I loved his singles, so I'm definitely not one of the haters. As far as Jenny Gear.. I don't think she's released an album, but I LOVED her on Canadian Idol. Such a unique style, and eliminated far too soon.

And Sebastian's new album? Very good. See the review I posted today. If you liked the singles, you'll love the album.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home