Your Ad Here

Monday, April 02, 2007

Sopho Khalvashi - My Story (Visionary Dream)



"Sailin' through my story"

I’ve briefly perused most of the Eurovision entries this year, sizing up the Ark’s competition. And, although most suck, I’m quite taken with teeny country Georgia’s first entry. My Story (Visionary Dream), by singer Sopho Khalvashi, has an extremely interesting and (at least for Eurovision) unique sound. Think Deep Forest meets Bjork-lite, meets hyper-experimental Abba. On top of all of that, it’s an extremely catchy track… more so with each listen. Don't be put off at first. The track sounds completely different than most stuff I post here, but it gets far more interesting as it goes on. While I don’t think it’ll do very well amongst all the straight ahead pop, it’ll at least stand out. And, it’s about one billion times better than that stupid vampire song from Switzerland, but really what isn’t? (well…. Scooch, I suppose)

Sopho Khalvashi - My Story (Visionary Dream) (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Preorder this track on the Eurovision album here)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Nick!
I´ve been surfing through your website for some months now and I really wanna thank you for doing this incredible blog. I´ve discovered many gems here, thanks to you! Cheers!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

I knew this track would be the one that would catch bloggers' attention. It's quite amazing. My favourite part is the up-down-up-again note just before the big techno-ish/dancebeat kicks in, and the "SAILing" part near the end.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

It just doesn't sound like a Eurovision entry, which is so refreshing. This year's proving to be the most interesting and diverse competition in awhile.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very good song, it makes me to remember Björk but with a pop look, it is cool.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home