Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Plushgun - How We Roll



"We never comb our hair, our clothes are out of fashion"

Plushgun is the brainchild of 23 year old New Yorker Dan Ingala, and it's a brilliant project that combines indie sensibilities with pop minded electronica. I've been very impressed with the success that the similar-sounding Hellogoodbye have been enjoying recently, and How We Roll is every bit as good as that band's material. Opening with a dynamite synth riff, the bouncy track quickly cascades into an incredible chorus, incorporating everything from Pet Shop Boys, Daft Punk and Ben Folds Five as it hurtles through its rapid-fire lyrics. As of now, Plushgun is an unsigned band, but I don't think that will last long. Under the right guidance, a song like this could be huge.

Plushgun - How We Roll (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the EP here)

3 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

I love this! I mean, it checks off just about everything in my list of "things a song should do" (without being clinical)--it even has handclaps! And I love all the success "Here (In Your Arms)" has been having.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I'm pretty sure that is my geography teacher Mr Plunkhow. Of course he was 20 years older and deaf as a coot, so maybe it's the love child he shockingly had with Mrs Hogg.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Y'know, I have his email if you wish to inquire further... ;)

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home