Your Ad Here

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Carbon Dating Service - Starbeat Academy Graduation March



"I close my eyes but it's still bright"

This song (and band) has got to be one of the most dreamlike things I've heard in a while. Think of I'm From Barcelona or The Polyphonic Spree (ie: HUGE choral sound) with more of an electronic influence. Starbeat Academy Graduation March, in addition to having one fantastic title, is also the rare kind of track that straddles the line between lo-fi and bombastic in a way that makes it sound very odd among other pop or rock songs. There's definitely an Arcade Fire influence in here as well (Carbon Dating Service, like that band, is also from Canada). I don't know if it'll be everyone's taste, but I was definitely hooked from the opening synthesized intro all the way through to the cacophonous finale.

Carbon Dating Service - Starbeat Academy Graduation March (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home