Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin



"What you need is a sweet caress"

Forgive me for being so late on this post. The weekend was spent on my move over the mountains (to a much hotter, drier and more conservative part of the country... imagine my joy) and internet (and free time) has been nonexistant. I tell you, if I have to touch another modem or router I'm going to end up assassinating it. But, anyways, I did have time to watch the Britney debacle on Sunday and listen to some great music while unpacking. My most played album at the moment comes from electro funk duo Chromeo. I initially dismissed them as a gag band, what with their goofy look and adherence to a somewhat silly genre. But, their new cd is excellent, especially Bonafied Lovin. I first heard it on Sirius Radio and was immediately hooked. I've decided it's all in the guitar parts. I am completely obsessed with them. They remind me of the guitar in Arabesque's early 80's campfest Fly High, but this track is so much better. If you've ever had a doubt about Chromeo, give it a listen and those doubts will be washed away. Oh, and if you like the song, buy the album, because the whole thing is brilliant.

Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here!)


3 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

I hope the move went well beyond technology difficulties and you settle in well in your new place!

On a more music related note, I like this and had never heard of them, though I take it they've got sort of an iffy reputation?

8:50 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks! It's gone pretty smoothly and all of a sudden I magically have internet back, which is a big relief!
About Chromeo's reputation, I think the majority of the negativity is probably in my own mind. I guess I just always thought of them as a gag band. No more.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home