Your Ad Here

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Unklejam - Just Like Me



"You're just like me, can't you see?"

I think this song goes wonderfully with yesterday's post on Chromeo. Unklejam are one of my favorite new bands, and their single What Am I Fighting For was one of the best of the summer. Just Like Me (off their upcoming debut album) follows suit and sticks to a nearly identical sound as their previous release. Soulful vocals, funky (but subdued) beat, and a wonderful, catchy chorus. The rest of the album is fantastic as well. It really sounds like pop music of the future, with of course a generous nod to the past. This is the kind of stuff that Prince should be making nowadays.

Unklejam - Just Like Me (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Preorder the album here!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

they are playing at a nightclub near me soon. I am assuming i should check them out??

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this song so much, but this version does nothing to live up to it when you hear it live. It's like the biggest, most epic song you've ever heard live. And yes paul, see them live!!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home