Your Ad Here

Monday, October 22, 2007

Kim Larsen - Tekamaki Sidewalk Stereo Machine



"I don't mind if they play a little bit of that disco"

This week on Alienhits is going to be a little different. Given that a lot of the bands I support here have obvious influences from the 80's (aka the greatest decade in music), I thought I'd go back to that period and post some little known acts that I really love. I've got tunes from Denmark, Australia, the U.S., Germany and the U.K., so it's really going to be a global thing this week.

1981: Kim Larsen is a really popular Danish rock singer who started out in the group Gasolin' in the seventies and then moved on to doing some solo stuff in the eighties, including what is supposedly the highest selling Danish album in history, In The Middle Of The Night. His eighties stuff is far more new wave than the earlier material, and this track from the album Jungle Dreams is downright irresistable. It's a strange little pop song, with lots of diverting parts that make it sound quite alien. I, however, am quite obsessed with it, and I bet you will be too.

Kim Larsen - Tekamaki Sidewalk Stereo Machine (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home