Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Hives - T.H.E.H.I.V.E.S.



"We rule the world"

Despite my love for all music Swedish, I've only ever been a casual fan of The Hives, one of the biggest bands in the country. It's just a matter of taste, really. Their brand of brash garage rock isn't always my thing. I do love the new single, Tick Tick Boom, though, and I'm a sucker for when bands experiment with their sound and attempt something totally left field. On the band's new album (released this week in the States), they've done just that... teaming up with American producers The Neptunes for T.H.E.H.I.V.E.S. God knows this shouldn't have worked, and I'm not a fan of wonderful Swedish music being corrupted by our samey U.S. producers, but the song ends up being something really special, fun and funky. Although, I wish Maja from The Sounds were singing it instead. Now that would be good!

The Hives - T.H.E.H.I.V.E.S. (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home