Your Ad Here

Monday, November 19, 2007

MGMT - Time To Pretend



"I miss my sister, miss my father, miss my dog and my home"

Rolling Stone is not the bastion for new music than it used to be (in fact, I hardly even read it anymore), so it was to my surprise that one of their top ten new artists to watch actually resonated with me. MGMT (pronounced "Management") play alternative pop music that's not too far away from the kind of stuff that Arcade Fire is doing right now. This song, though, I think is better than most of Arcade Fire's stuff. The vocals are less shouty and the melody is absolutely gorgeous. It's more of a slow burner than most of the stuff I post, but it's definitely worth the patience.

MGMT - Time To Pretend (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Hear more here!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Adem With An E said...

The song is good enough for me to ignore the fact they've used text speak/vowel-less abbreviation as their name. But yeah, the track is top stuff!

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This track is great, as is their "Electric Feel," but I credit the producer -- live, they're not worth it.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disagree about the live "not worth it" comment. They were rough last summer in NYC when I first saw them, but they were breaking in the backup band then. Saw them again last week in SanFrancisco and they KILLED. Very tight and dynamic.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

they're pronounced management? i always heard it spelled out, like even on the radio

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home