Your Ad Here

Wednesday, December 19, 2007



16. Chromeo - Fancy Footwork



I had always thought these guys were a bit of a joke act, but then I listened to Fancy Footwork and all that changed. Sure, some of the stuff is pretty funny, but the songs are definitely there too. From start to finish the album is a non stop funkfest of the best kind. I feel like in some ways this is the sound that producers like Timbaland are going for (and Blake Lewis’ recently released debut also owes these guys), and I can’t help but think that they’d be big in the States with the right song. The way this country’s going, though, that song may never come along. This album, however, is a step in the right direction.

Chromeo - Momma’s Boy

15. Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position



I always wanted to like Patrick Wolf. He looked like a character from some strange fairy tale, and I figured the music must be good as well. Luckily this year I was introduced to his music with his most colorful album, the stunningly moody Magic Position. While it may not be the standard top 40 fare, the record is entrancing in a way that only Wolf could achieve. It doesn’t hurt that he’s got one of the most wickedly smooth voices in pop music, either. Consider me officially introduced. I can’t wait to see what he does next.

Patrick Wolf - Augustine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home