Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 18, 2007



18. Sahara Hotnights - What If Leaving Was A Loving Thing



Ok, so I gave this album a C+ back in April and, unlike 99% of the time, I was wrong. The album grew on me immensely through the Spring and Summer and here we are at the end of the year and it’s on my countdown. The months it took to convince me of its merit can probably be attributed to the fact that it’s one of those albums that doesn’t hit you over the head immediately. You’ve got to live with it for awhile, and that’s not a bad thing at all. That just means that you don’t get sick of it as easily. Every song on here is a winner and I’ve officially decided that I like the group’s new sound.

Sahara Hotnights - Neon Lights

17. The Attic - Remember Tomorrow



The strange thing about this album is that the original version of it sucked. The group’s first debut (The One) was so boring that I couldn’t even be bothered to listen to it more than a few times. Luckily for us, the guys decided to pluck the best songs from that record and add a lot of surprises beside them to create a nearly flawless dance album. I really didn’t expect to like this one as much as I did the first time I listened to it, but it ended up being one of those great records that sounds like a fantastic pop radio station all the way through. Different sounds and styles combine with uber-catchy melodies. What more could you ask for?

The Attic - Don’t You Know Me (ft. Therese)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home