Your Ad Here

Sunday, December 30, 2007



5. Pleasure - Out Of Love



This is one of those rare songs where everything comes together completely perfectly and there’s nothing you can do but listen with awe. My god, the chorus is spectacular.

4. Laakso - Italy vs. Helsinki



A total left turn for Laakso, and the song that made me fall in love with them. There aren’t enough songs this day and age that are as overblown as this one. And the funny thing is, even in its unabashed cheesiness, it’s deeply beautiful.

3. Lil’ Chris - Gettin’ Enough?!?



I know, I know… technically this was late 2006, but I’ve got to include it anyway. It’s everything a teen rock song should be, and I never would have predicted that it would have made it this high on my countdown, but it’s just that good.

2. Superfamily - The Radio Expressed Concerns About What You Did Last Night



The longest title on here, and the most epic of dance rock tracks as well. If a song had the power to literally blow you into the air, this one would do it.

1. The Ark - Absolutely No Decorum



The Ark bottled everything amazing about all of their past songs and crammed it into their first single of 2007. It is stadium rock the way stadium rock was meant to sound. Absolutely, utterly flawless.

3 Comments:

Blogger Grifit said...

Finally the list is fully revealed. I like a lot this final block, Laakso and Lil' Chris are not my favorite artists but these songs are really good. I must say that I didn't like some songs on the list (Ola? Magnus? WTF??!!!) but I found a lot of my favorite alienhits (Hanna, Out Of Love, My Secret Lover) and found new good stuff (Rufus Wainwright - Going To A Town!!!! I can't believe I never listened it before. Thst's what happen's when you don't pay attention to U.S. music anymore). Great year!!! I wish MTV were half of good of this.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Grifit said...

By the way!!!
I finished my YouTube Marathon and I made a Playlist, here is the link:PINCHALE AQUI

I couldn't find two songs:

7. Pikko - Electric Body Design (I can't believe there's no video!!!)

46. Frida Hyvonen - See How I Came Into Town

9:36 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Glad you found some new stuff to listen to. And, yes, I admit it... I've got a soft spot for some cheesy pop, but not too much.

That playlist, by the way, is completely awesome. I didn't even know you could do that in youtube. I'll link to it tomorrow when I round up the lists. It is definitely a shame that there aren't any videoclips for Pikko, because she's a very visual artist and I can just see her coming up with something completely insane.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home